Program Description: Expanding Horizons, Spicing Leadership
MAPS International Youth Camp is a deep learning program designed for Young People aged 18 to 40 years. It’s a beautiful journey of self-discovery where you deep diving into yourself with amazing people around the world. Further, the MAPS International Youth Camp highlights cross-cultural exchange, self-exploration, leadership development, global friendship, collaboration, sustainable development goals & youth empowerment.
• Civic Engagement:
Promoting youth involvement in government and society. Indulging youth in policy making and it includes both paid and unpaid forms of political activism, environmentalism, and community and national service.
• Leadership & Entrepreneurial Development:
Learning about entrepreneurship and business opportunities in the region.
• Global Competency for Cross-Cultural Collaboration:
Building the skills needed to work together across the region and the world for successful interactions.
• Youth in Policy Making:
This key platform of young people can contribute to policy discussions through their collective ideas, solutions and innovations.
• To foster cross cultural exchange and global friendship
• To develop leadership, team building and entrepreneurial skills among participants and empowering them to take leadership on sustainable development goals
• To help participants deep dive into themselves through various approaches of self-exploration developing a better understanding of self and the world
• To help participants achieve greater self-awareness, a positive sense of well-being and live a healthy and peaceful life
• To let participants, discover the beauty, culture and spirituality of Azerbaijan
• Cultural Exchange, Food Exchange, Diversity Celebration, cross cultural friendship
• Workshops on Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development Goals
• Team Building, Group work, Story sharing, Talent show
• Self-Exploration and Awareness Session
• Different country’s Presentation
Program Dates: (Tentative)
3rd Dec (Baku Arrivals, Orientation Ceremony, City Tour)
4th Dec (Young Leaders Workshop for Climate Change)
5th Dec (Visits, Sight- Seeing, Ministerial Meetings)
6th Dec (Airport Transfer, Flight to Origin Country)
Youth who attend international programs develop an excellent measure of personal flexibility, encompassing an ability to reach compromise, focus and succeed through challenging times. They are more comfortable in ‘foreign’ environments, become aware of career and further study options which they weren’t aware existed.
Other Personal and Educational Benefits:
• Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most
noticeable change in returned international camp participants.
• Broader general knowledge and understanding of the global issues and sustainable development goals. Enhance your
knowledge and understanding by learning about the rich history of different countries.
• Enhancement in your leadership, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Increased acceptance, tolerance of an array of different cultural and community perspectives
• Maturity and social poise, fuelled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and
• Develop skills to deal with change
• Global awareness (cross-cultural skills and communication)
• Global networking opportunities
• Experience culture and countries in the most authentic way
• Long lasting memories and Global friendship
• English Proficiency.
(All of our programs will be conducted in the English language. Therefore, you should be able to understand, speak, read and write English)
• You should be 18 to 30 years old
• You should fill up a complete application form to apply.
• You should have a passport.
• You should be able to pay the camp fee.